Being able to elevate and improve your appearance is an essential part of your fashion and style. Plus, it boosts your physical and mental health as it increases your confidence and encourages you to take better care of yourself. Given these benefits, it’s befitting that InShape News provides you with 5 ‘Good Looking’ fashion hacks for you to sink your teeth into. These affordable hacks aim to improve your fashion choices quickly and easily, and they cover many factors and key ideas that have a massive impact on your life as a whole.
5 ‘Good Looking’ Fashion Hacks For You #1 Create Dimension
One factor that is an essential to focus on when seeking to enhance your appearance is to create dimension when dressing. Dimension gives you a chic-look and flow, and it helps you to accentuate your best assets, such as a small waist, bigger chest or sensational legs.
Ideally to create an outfit with dimension you need to pair tighter fitting clothing with looser, over sized ones. For instance, wearing a tight top with a loose skirt or trousers or a loose top with skinny jeans, tight shorts or a pencil skirt. You can also create dimension by tucking in an oversize tee-shirt so that it sharpens your hip-line and shows off a flatter stomach.
HOT TIP – Become familiar with your body and know what your best assets are.
5 ‘Good Looking’ Fashion Hacks For You #2 Accentuate Shape
Consider your body shape when dressing. There are outfits that will shorten a longer body, and others that with lengthen your legs, so that you can increase your confidence. Therefore, it is important for you to take note of your body type and also what certain outfits look like on you so that you get ‘a feel’ for what accentuates your shape.
Some ideas to get you started are:
- Longer bodies – Crop tops are fantastic for making your body look shorter as they stop the flow of your natural body line at your midriff.
- Shorter bodies – If you like the crop top look, but want to lengthen your body then where a bodysuit under the crop top this will give you a super flattering body line and an illusion of length.
- Longer legs – Dark shoes and tapered bottom pants will make you appear shorter if your height makes you feel self-conscious.
- Shorter legs – Flare pants that are longer and cover your shoes will make your legs appear longer. High-waisted jeans, trousers or a-line skirts, and clothing with vertical strips also increase length.
HOT TIP – Don’t be afraid to try on outfits in front of the mirror to see what works for you and what doesn’t.
5 ‘Good Looking’ Fashion Hacks For You #3 Accessorise
Accessorising is one of the best choices you can make when looking to improve your look. Accessories, such as layered necklaces, sunglasses, long earrings and bracelets refine and accentuate striking facial features. Wearing rings and other jewellery make a statement and give your outfit added power. Plus, they give you added sparkle. For instance, if you want to enhance the outfit you’ve chosen, and add a bit of flair in the process, then Cuban link chains are a wonderful addition to any outfit choice.
HOT TIP – Experiment with accessories to find those that flatter your facial shape and outfit.
5 ‘Good Looking’ Fashion Hacks For You #4 Choose the Right Colours
Colours matter when you are looking to elevate your appearance as your skin tone, and hair and eye colour all play an important part in your overall look. For instance, cooler coloured skin looks great when matched with grays browns, blues, greens and purples. Warmer skin tones, on the other hand, radiate when paired with bright or light colour such as hot pink, turquoise and lime green or pastel blues, pinks and greens. Finding the right colour scheme for you can turn an outfit from zero to hero in an instant.
HOT TIP – Pair tops with similar shade bottoms to create the illusion of length.
5 ‘Good Looking’ Fashion Hacks For You #5 Combine Fashion & Fitness
By combining fashion and fitness you will feel better about yourself, which, in turn, gives you a better outlook on life. This is achieved by making time for you by:
- Paying greater attention to your clothing and dressing in ways that compliment your body.
- Setting aside time to focus on your skin care, oral hygiene, physique, and nutrition.
- Gradually establishing a daily routine daily that works for you.
HOT TIP – Start small and build on your routine until you feel comfortable with your overall look.
5 ‘Good Looking’ Fashion Hacks For You Key Takeaways
Good Looking fashion hacks are individual and unique to you, just like your style. Therefore, it is essential that you experiement and try on various outfits to find what works for you. Once you establish ‘Your Look’ then there’s nothing that can stand in your way. You’ll ‘Look Good’ and feel great every day and you’ll feel more comfortable with who you are.
To recap, 5 ‘Good Looking’ fashion hacks for you are:
- Creating dimension and flow.
- Accentuating your body shape.
- Asessorising your outfit.
- Choosing the right colours for you.
- Combing fashion and fitness to enhance your life.
For similar content delivered weekly to your inbox, subscribe to our feed.