REIKI NEWS & REVIEW:
By Columnist Camille Lucy – Certified Holistic Health Coach & Reiki Practitioner:
We all have chakras or energy centers in our body. In Sanskrit, Chakra means a wheel or disk. Chakras are “wheels” or vortexes of swirling energy throughout our body. We have 7 main Chakras: Root, Sacral, Solar Plexus, Heart, Throat, Third Eye and Crown.
The Third Eye Chakra, also known as the inner eye – located on the forehead between the brows. This Chakra is all about “seeing” and is the centre of intuition, common sense, wisdom, memory and spirituality. The colour associated with this Chakra is indigo. Its element is light. A balanced, healthy Third Eye Chakra can help you to think clearly, develop your imagination and intuition, and hold a vision of the bigger picture of life. It leads to an expanded awareness of consciousness, spirituality and evolution. An imbalanced Third Eye Chakra can leave one feeling stuck, rejecting spirituality and with a lack of clarity.
Essential Oils to Clear and Balance the Third Eye Chakra
- Angelica Root
- Clary Sage
Crystals to Clear and Balance the Third Eye Chakra
- Black Obsidian
- Purple Fluorite
- Lapis Lazuli
Third Eye Chakra Affirmation
My mind is clear, flexible and able. I can envision beauty and create goodness. My imagination is powerful, vivid and active. I am open to the wisdom within me, and to greater spiritual awareness. I trust my intuition and knowing. My knowledge serves others and brings me to new levels of understanding my True Nature. I see clearly in all ways. I am full of God’s grace, light and love. I have an unlimited vision for myself and life. Everything that happens in life is an opportunity to illuminate and learn and grow. I am my Source of love and life and truth. I connect to the Source energy. I know that all is well.
Simple Tips for Balancing Your Third Eye Chakra
- Use the colour Indigo – Crystals, lights, clothing, furniture or accessories. Envision the colour indigo in your forehead, just above your brows. Inhale, fill up with a soft indigo, transparent and bright light, and as you exhale, feel yourself opening to the wisdom of All There Is.
- Fuel up – Eat foods that nourish the brain and help us to feel relaxed. Eat intuitively; your body knows what it needs.
- Light it up – With the element of light, this Chakra heals by sitting out in the sunshine. Soak up those rays and those beautiful blue skies.
- Accept where you’re at – Forget the competition, what is missing, or what seems a struggle in your life. Find a way to ease into knowing that all is well. Try to open to the possibilities or opportunities that lay before you. Learn and grow from what you face in a moment.
- Move your body – Participate in Yoga, Tai Chi, and Walking, as well as Meditation, and Chanting. Any activity that feels right for you will allow you to drop into your body.
- Trust – The best way to sharpen your intuition is to trust in the guidance you receive and the way your body speaks to you. The more you do it, the more you practice, the easier it will become to hear the wisdom speaking to you.
About this 12-part Reiki Series
In this 12-part series, readers will learn about the energy of life. Along with how this affects us and how we can use it in beneficial ways. Also, how to gain the Ultimate Success in your very own lives; true joy, love and happiness. I will describe the Chakras (their place, connectivity and more), what energy healing is, and how the Laws of the Universe are at play. Additionally, I will detail how readers can open themselves to receiving, to flow with life instead of resisting, and how fear and love drive us. At the end of the 12-part series, readers should have a better understanding of their bodies, themselves and how to expand and enhance their experiences.
Next month I will cover ‘The Crown Chakra’. I hope you’ll join me then 🙂
About Our Reiki News and Review Columnist – Camille Lucy
Camille Lucy is a Certified Holistic Health Coach, Certified Reiki Practitioner, graphic and web designer, business consultant, and Vice President of a local non-profit that “rehabilitates people through animals.” She is also a writer, a Mother of 3-girls, an artist, a Life-and-Love Junkie, a Self-Expression and Development advocate, and – well, you get the point. She’s a lot of things, just like all of us. Camille is also author of, “The (Real) Love Experiment: Explore Love, Relationships & The Self.” Learn more about her and her adventure(s) at www.CamilleLucy.com or on social media at @LiveFullToday.
Disclaimer: The information published in this column is the author’s professional opinion, and based on their knowledge. This information and opinion are not a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment in any way. Always seek the advice of your physician or another qualified health provider with any questions you may have about any medical condition and consult a qualified medical professional before beginning any nutritional program or exercise program. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on InShape News.