This slideshow requires JavaScript.


Guy Leech, former World Ironman Champion and professional athlete from 1984 to 1995, will compete in the Perth beaches Indian Ocean Classic on Jan. 28, 2012.

Proclaimed as ‘the fittest 40-year-old on the planet’, Leech, 47, is a promoter of the Ironman Series and a health and fitness expert that runs training programs for men and women as well as high profile sporting identities such as Layne Beachley.

Over the years, Leech has noticed two significant changes in his lifestyle.

“It definitely takes longer to recover than previously. I am 47 now, but I can still train hard. I just need longer to recover,” said Leech. “Life now revolves around being healthy and spending time around family and business as well. I try to work on that balance as much as I can.”

Leech, believes that the key to living a healthy life revolves around balance.

“It is important to think about balance constantly. It is the only way to keep on top of it,” said Leech. “It is an 80/20 concept. Keep 80 percent good intake, and indulge the other 20 percent of the time and keep the fun in the routine.”

Good nutrition is also vital says Leech.

“Eat all the food groups and keep to the basics, low saturated fats, grilled and steamed meats, and plenty of fruits and vegetables. There is no such things as bad foods, just eat more of the healthy ones,” said Leech.

For those looking to test their skills of endurance, the Indian Ocean Classic is open to individuals and teams in ski, board, run and swim categories, and costs $150 for individuals and $360 for teams of four. The prize pool for the men’s and women’s open is $15,000 for each category, with other events having an allocation of $20,000 for each category.



  1. Useful information, thank you for sharing these in GUY LEECH STILL TRAINING HARD FOR THE INDIAN OCEAN CLASSIC – InShape NewsFlash.


  2. I appreciate this post. I appreciate your thinking for this. I soon became somewhat struck by this article. Merit again! You commit to a good moment and display the beauty through such a fantastic report. I think if a greater number thought about it like this, they’d have a better moment in time get the hang of the situation.


  3. Marietta Lamora says:

    Its like you read my mind! You appear to understand so much about this, like you wrote the e-book on it or something. This is wonderful site. A fantastic read. I will certainly be back.


  4. Bobbie Cristal says:

    I signed to RSS on this blog. Will you post more about the subject?


  5. Euphemia Shanke says:

    Wow, fantastic site layout! How long have you been writing for? You make writing look easy. The overall look of your site is wonderful, let alone the content!


  6. I really hope other folks consider your posting listed here as useful as I have. I operate a website personally and would be happy for you or the visitors on your site to visit. Please feel free to read through my website just like I have with yours and post a comment or two if you discover anything interesting. Many thanks.


  7. Herschel Felderman says:

    Just what is the Software?



  1. Homepage says:

    … [Trackback]…

    […] Read More Infos here: […]…


  2. […] #split {}#single {}#splitalign {margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto;}#singlealign {margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto;}#splittitlebox {text-align: center;}#singletitlebox {text-align: center;}.linkboxtext {line-height: 1.4em;}.linkboxcontainer {padding: 7px 7px 7px 7px;background-color:#eeeeee;border-color:#000000;border-width:0px; border-style:solid;}.linkboxdisplay {padding: 7px 7px 7px 7px;}.linkboxdisplay td {text-align: center;}.linkboxdisplay a:link {text-decoration: none;}.linkboxdisplay a:hover {text-decoration: underline;} function opensingledropdown() { document.getElementById('singletablelinks').style.display = ''; document.getElementById('singlemouse').style.display = 'none'; } function closesingledropdown() { document.getElementById('singletablelinks').style.display = 'none'; document.getElementById('singlemouse').style.display = ''; } GUY LEECH STILL TRAINING HARD FOR THE INDIAN OCEAN CLASSIC – InShape NewsFlash […]


Have Your Say

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: